This is a season rich in tradition: from cutting down the tree and hanging lights to decorating cookies and hand-wrapping gifts, every family has their special holiday rituals. Some of the best holiday traditions are family recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation.
Many memories are made while spending time together in the kitchen. Here are a few of our favorite holiday recipe ideas wit which, perhaps, you can build traditions:
- Have a gingerbread house building contest with your kids.
- Use your imagination to decorate sugar cookies of all shapes and sizes.
- Nothing compares to homemade eggnog.
- Remind your kiddos that Santa’s coming soon with Rudolph Pancakes.
- A special morning calls for a delicious breakfast casserole.
- Puppy Chow is fun to make -- and even more fun to eat. Try it in different flavors like Nutella, Pumpkin Spice or Cupcake!